26...
late 20's.
Two ads on my google account for a "flat stomach" and "wrinkle cream". What do they think of my search history and profile?! Helloooo google, it's my birthday. Be kind.
I had an absolutely, without a doubt, blessed birthday. I felt so loved, appreciated, and... blessed. I wish I had another word to use but that one completely captures it. I can't believe that this is my life, my loving husband, my adoring children... it's mine. Praise God. I'm so very undeserving.
It wasn't weird for me to turn 26.. until I realize it was a DECADE ago that I turned 16. A. Dec-ade. What the wha? I just turned 16. I remember getting my license like it was this morning that I went to the DMV in my dad's mustang. But a decade ago? I mean, it would have to be... I've been married for 6 1/2 years, have these 2 fabulous children that are going to turn 4 and 2 this year... so it makes sense logically that I'm 26. I guess. :-0
My mom was awesome and took over all motherly duties for the day... she sent me back to bed this morning, watched the kids while I got ready and went on a lunch date and a movie with my hubby... took the kids to the park and thoroughly wore them out so they went to bed at 7:45 with no qualms. My favorite favorite thing about my birthday is how excited the kids are. One of my all time fave mom moments is last year on my birthday, Evie's 2 1/2 year old face lit up with excitement and wonder as my family sang me happy birthday. She loved it. She was so excited again this year for her mommy to have a birthday :) Mainly because she loves a good cake. She was so bewildered last night when I picked up my Cheesecake Factory cheesecake and she didn't get any. I promised her a great dessert tonight tho!
After lunch and a movie we went out to dinner with Mom, Dad, Josh, the kids and Barbie. We went to BJ's and ate pizza and had a very very chocolate-y pizookie (yum yum yum!- which Evie loved!). I"m stuffed. My body is ready to revolt, too much food in one day... but that's what birthdays are for, right? It's the only day where I eat and don't think about the calories :)
After lunch and a movie we went out to dinner with Mom, Dad, Josh, the kids and Barbie. We went to BJ's and ate pizza and had a very very chocolate-y pizookie (yum yum yum!- which Evie loved!). I"m stuffed. My body is ready to revolt, too much food in one day... but that's what birthdays are for, right? It's the only day where I eat and don't think about the calories :)
Poor Chet was sleeping when we took all these photos... Sad he didn't make it into one bday photo! Poor babe.
![]() |
| My little ham! |
![]() |
| Love this one because I hardly ever capture a "real" smile from her! |
![]() |
| Love of my life <3 |
![]() |
| Mommy left her lip print on Evie :) |
![]() |
| Always my baby :) |
Evie's 3 1/2 today, on the dot. Our birthdays are one another's half birthdays... Can't believe how fast everything is going. Dad said that he felt so old that his kid was 26... and I just know this little girl is going to be 26 and I'll be saying, but I just turned 26! Life is sooo quick :)







5 comments:
you really are blessed ! and have an absolutely beautiful family !
26 was a hard one for me as I felt I was on the down side of 50 (but now I'm on the downside of 100 so 26 was good!).
You and your family are beautiful!
I turn 25 in two months. A whole quarter of a century. I had hoped to have one child by now but no such luck. I'm feeling old this year.
Love the pictures. I agree with the Evie Smile......great!
Barbie
fyi: 26 is "mid-twenties", as is 27 - 28 & 29 are "mid to late twenties". you then jump to 30.
that is all.
Post a Comment