4.25.2011

Easter 2011


 He is Risen!  And because of that, our inadequacies and wrongs are forgiven and left at the foot of the cross!  Amazing!

Easter is such a great great time of the year.  I love that it correlates with the Spring and new birth of the earth... it's so fitting.  I was especially touched this year by Easter... I regret to say that I don't always realize the magnitude of what Christ did for me on the cross and what God did for me in sending his only Son, but this weekend, my heart was just so impressed upon by His sacrifice for me and the reality of the grief the New Testament believers were going through as they watched him die and then the amazement as they heard word of his resurrection.

I try to relay with the holiday IS really about to the kiddos, that it isn't just egg hunts and Easter baskets, but that Jesus rose!  We have our resurrection eggs (highly recommend if you have kiddos in the home) that we brought out and told the story of Jesus's journey to the Cross.  At Bible Study Evie was given an activity to do that had stickers and a scene so that she could show us the story of Jesus rising.  We do Easter baskets and egg hunts- and the kids fully enjoyed them.  I'm not big on the "easter bunny" but that's not necessarily a Christian thing- it's more of a mommy-thinks-a-giant-bunny-coming-to-your-home-is-freaky-and-bizarre thing.  Plus, I want credit for the crap I bought for them, I looked long and hard for that stuff!  AND-->  Daddy worked hard for the contents of your basket, it wasn't brought magically by some freaky bunny. :)


Here are some pics, I regret that I forgot my camera when we went over to O'ma's house for the egg hunt and dinner!  So you have no pictures of Chet's massively scraped nose that happened in-between the below pictures and church!








(Josh was working)

Papa came home before church and we got a couple with him!

The LOVED LOVED LOVED the Egg hunts at Papa and Grammy's and at O'ma and O'pa's!  And Evie was so absolutely sweet with Chet, and if she found a really easy egg she would show it to him or leave it for him to find.  (melt.my.heart.)  And Chet was so cute, he'd find the eggs and shake them, and put them in his basket and run off for the next one! It was a fun year, they are getting so big and into things :-)





Saturday's egg hunt




Where's that egg???









2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They certainly did enjoy their egg hunt and I enjoyed watching them!

B

Jackie said...

My heart went to my feet with the picture of "Papa" - it looks so much like Papa Dean. Took me by surprise!

Loved the pictures and the fun the kids had. It is OK you don't like the Easter bunny.