Again, I'm saddened by how infrequently I am updating now... It seems I never have a moment + the energy to blog!
So, I'm resigning to giving general updates for the month :) At least for this month!
June has absolutely flown by, I cannot believe that the first of July is tomorrow! This month has been full of activity and travel and developments... unlike most of our months where we are enjoying ourselves in our home most days!
The first update would be SWIM LESSONS: Evie transformed in the 4 weeks she had lessons from a girl who cried when she took a shower and got her face wet, to the girl who jumps in the pool and "kicks" to the adult waiting for her. She had two amazing teachers, Miss Chrissie and Miss Shawuna, and they were patient and understanding and firm with her, the perfect combination for Evie! She learned how to do a back float, front float, crawl on the side of the pool, jump in and kick to the teacher, go under water and touch the bottom and jump back up, and "dive" for things in the shallow end. I'm beyond impressed by her progress and her familiarity with the water now. She is so much more comfortable in our pool at home, and even though she isn't quite swimming yet, she's able to maneuver comfortably in our pool with her water wings on! I'm signing her up for at least 2 more weeks of swim, I cannot wait to see how she progresses.
The second update would be LANGUAGE DEVELOPMENT! In Chet's second year entry I talked about how he wasn't talking nearly where he should be for a 24 month old, and I expressed my concerns to his peditrician at his "2 year check up" and received a referral for an audiologist and after that, we'd be referred to a speech therapist. Well, wouldn't you know the little squirt was just waiting until I thought he was deaf before he'd start talking! Over the past 6 weeks his language has exploded, his ability to communicate with us and pronounce and mimic sounds has improved dramatically! It's not like he's speaking full sentences or anything, but he is speaking remarkably more than he was just a little bit ago. The other day I had given him a bath and had him all wrapped up in a towel, he sat down on my lap and put his head on my chest and said, "I baby". *melt my heart!* Love that boy :) He is finally idenifying others and can now can name himself, "tet", his sister, "sissy" and "Eee-v", Barbie "bee bee", JoJo "do do" and of course, "PAPA", his favorite.
My sister was in town for the last 2 weeks of June and she and her husband will be moving to Northern California in a couple of weeks!!! I'm so excited to have her just an hour and a half away, and cannot wait to visit her and have her and Jer visit us with more frequency than the Southern California distance allowed for! While my sis was in town Josh and I took advantage of her babysitting willingness and snuck away for a getaway without kiddos. We went to Reno and visited with our very dear friends, Ben and April who recently moved there, and had a wonderful wonderful time away. I'm so grateful to my sister and her willingness to take over for us so we could have some time to reconnect.
Our family also went to youth camp this June, and had an amazing time. Josh used some of his vacation time in order to be able to come and work and I brought the kiddos up with me while I did my jobs and also had an abundance of family to help me out with them when the activity needed my attention sans kiddos. It was a family affair as my parents, my inlaws, and even my sister was up there for a bit! We were working hard and having fun, youth camp was such a blessing to us and the students we put it on for!
With it being the end of June, that means that we only have 2 months until pre-school begins! Man, I cannot believe we are entering that stage of life.... Having the schedule of daily swim lessons gave me a bit of a preview of what our life is going to be like come this Fall... I am sort of mourning the "end of an era" with us beginning school. No longer are our days our own, we now abide by a schedule that someone else sets for us. And, it's bittersweet... I've so enjoyed my days at home with my babes, but they are getting older and the times ARE indeed changing, and they enjoy so much having a full day and schedule, and I know it will be a good transition, but it is, indeed, a transition... We are only at 3 days a week of preschool and one day a week of bible study, giving us Tuesday being the only day where we don't have an activity planned! And the next year, we'll begin the elementary stage! waaaaaah! I cannot believe how fast this is all going.






No comments:
Post a Comment