One of the most interesting things about pregnancy has been watching my husband transform before my very eyes.
Josh has done a lot of growing since I've known him. Shoot, when I started dating him he didn't even have a chest hair yet! I remember when they started coming in all sporadically I offered to pluck them out for him. Little did I know that they would just keep coming!! Hee hee!
It's funny because in a way, I felt like a mommy to my little one the second I pee'd a positive on the stick. My husband, however, took a while to jump into 'daddyhood'. I think when she started moving is when he started to get excited about meeting her. He really has appreciated the interaction and loves watching her ball up on one side of my belly and make the otherside creepily flat. It's like their own inside joke! And she LOVES her daddy! Honestly, no one can get her moving like his voice. Granted, it is one of the loudest voices you'll ever encounter in real life-- but it doesn't matter if he's whispering, reading or talking to her about his day-- she goes crazy.
Watching him transform from the nervous husband to the anticipating daddy has been one of the greatest gifts I've ever been given in our marriage. It just reinforces the decision I made to marry him three years ago was the best thing that could've ever happend to me.
One of the things I'm looking forward to most is seeing them together. A little bit of me, a little bit of you, a whole lotta God, a baby has been made.
If I loved him more, I'd explode. Honestly.
Josh has done a lot of growing since I've known him. Shoot, when I started dating him he didn't even have a chest hair yet! I remember when they started coming in all sporadically I offered to pluck them out for him. Little did I know that they would just keep coming!! Hee hee!
It's funny because in a way, I felt like a mommy to my little one the second I pee'd a positive on the stick. My husband, however, took a while to jump into 'daddyhood'. I think when she started moving is when he started to get excited about meeting her. He really has appreciated the interaction and loves watching her ball up on one side of my belly and make the otherside creepily flat. It's like their own inside joke! And she LOVES her daddy! Honestly, no one can get her moving like his voice. Granted, it is one of the loudest voices you'll ever encounter in real life-- but it doesn't matter if he's whispering, reading or talking to her about his day-- she goes crazy.
Watching him transform from the nervous husband to the anticipating daddy has been one of the greatest gifts I've ever been given in our marriage. It just reinforces the decision I made to marry him three years ago was the best thing that could've ever happend to me.
One of the things I'm looking forward to most is seeing them together. A little bit of me, a little bit of you, a whole lotta God, a baby has been made.
If I loved him more, I'd explode. Honestly.

1 comment:
Awwwww
Post a Comment