12.12.2008

It's a SON for us!!

Photobucket



Yup, a SON! AND---- We have 'revealed' the name! Our families were just too convincing and we were just too excited to not tell them! So, Chet it is.

Josh say, if he plays football, we can call him "Chet the Jet"! :D

How did we decide on Chet? Well... for the longest time (ha, like 12 weeks) we didn't have a boy's name. We had decided on our girl's name early, I just knew what that would be ;) And we threw a lot of ideas out there for a little guy, but none of them fit our baby boy.

Then, last week (I think?) we were sitting on the couch and I said, "What about Chet?". Josh was so excited, he was like "that's IT! We've GOT to have a boy now!". And it just FIT. I just knew that was our son's name.

Josh's Grandpa Chet was a very special influencial man in his life. Chet is Mary Ellen's (Josh's moms) dad. I don't have enough time or blog space to tell you how special he is to Josh and his family, and we are so happy to honor his memory in this way.

When deciding upon a middle name, Dean also fit for our son. My "Papa Dean" is my dad's dad, and had a huge impact on my family spiritually and really, in every way! My dad's middle name is Dean and so is my cousin's middle name. Even though I don't carry the last name Jennings anymore, we are still happy to carry on the middle name tradition of Dean in our son.

So there you have it, Chet Dean. :) Original, strong, traditional, and HIS. Only his.

The verse beneath is name is:


My son, obey your father's commands, and don't neglect your mother's
teaching.Keep their words always in your heart. Tie them around your
neck.Wherever you walk, their counsel can lead you. When you sleep, they
will protect you. When you wake up in the morning, they will advise you.For
these commands and this teaching are a lamp to light the way ahead of you.
The correction of discipline is the way of life.

Proverbs
6:20-23


We have lots of prayers for our Chet, and I was praying for him before his conception, as I prayed for Evie before hers... I pray a lot for my children, but mostly that the Word of the Lord will never depart from their hearts, their minds, or their souls. Well, I'm getting rambly. I'll tell you about how we told our families...

My mother in law graciously volunteered to make dinner on the night of our "big reveal". And cook is an understatement for the delicious feast she fed us!! Josh and I dropped off Evie before our ultrasound and then ran some errands. We got to our ultrasound appointment early and were so excited! Josh kept saying, "It's a boy, I know it," but I didn't want to commit one way or another, because I was so sure I knew that Evie was a boy, and really, what the heck did I know!

We went in and the room and it was like de-ja-vu! We had the same room, the same tech, the same receptionist that we had when we found out Evie was a girl. Weird! The tech started to scan around and said the baby was laying on "its" face, and I was concerned that we wouldn't get a good look at its parts! But the tech scrolled around and said, now this is a shot, this is between the legs, can you take a guess? Now, in all fairness, the umbillical cord was right where his man hood was, so it looked completely unproportional! So I'm like, Josh, what do you think?? And the tech said, "It's a boy!" when neither of us responded!

Photobucket

Now, my feeling and response was the same when we had Evie. No matter what the baby was, it was what God had given us. So when they said "boy" I knew it was our son, that God put in my womb, for us to bring up and raise!!!

After the ultrasound we went to Babies R Us to pick out something for the "big reveal" dinner, as a way to tell everyone. We had done this with Evie. Well we went to BRU and we are looking for the very special something "Boy" and we couldn't find one. So I just started crying. Yes, literally bawling. Josh was like, "Oh don't get all 'emo'. You can do it! Let's go to Old Navy and look". He was trying so hard to cheer me up, I think he thought I was upset about not having a girl or something, but I was just sad we couldn't find something SPECIAL, not that the baby was a boy!

So we found some cute shoes at Old Navy that did the trick!

Photobucket

Then it was off to the inlaws... we had to wait a little bit before my parents and Aunt Barbie arrived, but once we were there we were READY to tell and they were SO ready to find out! We didn't know who should open the present, but then decided, Evie should!! Perfect!

Here she is opening the present:

Photobucket

And she got the shoes out!
Photobucket

She opened the present and when she did, everyone started screaming. It scared the poor girl to death!

Here are the final pics of our little guy. Thanks for reading my long-winded post. We are so super excited!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


16 comments:

6HartsforHim said...

AWE! Congrats! How exciting! I love his name...I am big on family names...what a beautiful way to honor your loved ones! Praying God will continue to bless you all as you await the arrival of your sweet Chet!

Joelle said...

Aww, Brooke I got all emotional reading this! We're so thrilled for you and your family! So excited to meet little Chet one day!

momtobones said...

Congrats! I love the name and the way you told your family. So sweet.

Anonymous said...

Even though I was there last night I still got emotional reading it all again. How precious to share this with you. I am honored and looking forward to meeting Chetter Chetter bang bang.

Barbie

Anonymous said...

I love Chetter Chetter Bang Bang! I, of course, got your Dad's text last night and then all of a sudden this morning -- I wonder if Brooke has updated the blog? Thanks for sharing! I didn't expect to see the name and I don't think I know another Chet! How very cool that he is a combination of the two grandpas. Congratulations and love the shoes!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Boys are so much fun! I can't wait to meet him!

Aubrey

The Pedigo Family said...

Yay! Congrats you two... three!

Heres to a happy and healthy remainder of the pregnancy!

Take care of yourself and little Chet!

So cute!!!

the sniders said...

oh my gosh...love the shoes, love the name...so awesome! love you all and can't wait to see you and josh and evie and your belly with chet inside :D over christmas break!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Brooke for all the info. I, too, along with Jackie so appreciate these blog as it almost makes me feel like I'm right there with you all. I love the name, too. (Thanks for including Barbie in these special times.) You know you and Paigey are almost like her little girls. Your poor mom has to share you.
Love, Grandma Dean

Ryan and Desyrae said...

Chet--I love it! Congratulations Guys! Your verse couldn't be more fitting. I have no doubt that God will move mountain through your little ones--they have wonderful examples in parents! Praying for Chet and can't wait until he makes his arrival!

Katy said...

Oh Brooke...How exciting. Hold on, girl....it's an exciting ride with boys!

All the best and Love the name!
~Kate

Jennifer Herring said...

Congratulations! Great name choice!

Courtney @ splashing grace said...

congrats! love the name!

Heidi said...

Congrats, I can't believe I missed this announcement. I love family names, Chet is awesome.

Scott and Ashley said...

so great! so exciting! Love you all!

Jerolyn Bogear said...

Congrats!!! Know Little Chet Dean will be just as special as his great-grandpas.