7.15.2009

Disneyland!

Our family had an absolutely MAGICAL time at Disneyland this past week!! We were so blessed to be able to take our kids to Disneyland with both sets of grandparents there. My mother was ordained as a Wesleyan minister this past week in San Diego at the distric conference there, and afterwards the family drove up to Anaheim to go to Disneyland. We drove down on Wednesday to meet up with everyone, including my in-laws who had went to conference. It was an awesome time and so neat that for Evie's first time at Disney, both sets of grandparents were there!


I was a bit nervous about Evie would do at the park. She tends to be more shy and reserved in crowds and I thought the whole Disney/crowd/character experience might be a little much for her. Man, was I wrong!! Evie was in her element, she was so excited and had the time of her little life! I couldn't believe how much she loved it and soaked it in! She wasn't afraid of any of the rides, she even rode the rocket ships in Tomorrowland! I was amazed by her enthusiasm and excitement, and I was so blessed by getting to experience Disneyland through her eyes!

We had talked a great deal about the fact we were going to Disneyland, where Mickey and Minne Mouse lived, and that we were going to see them. I would ask her, "Evie, are we going to go to Minne's house?!" and she would say "Yeah". "Are you going to give her a hug?" "Yeah" "And a kiss?" "Yeah!". But, honestly, I didn't know if she was just responding to me this way because I was asking her a question, or because she truly understood. But-- when we met Minnie Mouse, it was evident that she did, indeed, understand! On my facebook is a video of her meeting Minnie, and it was like she remembered everything we had been saying for the past month- she walks right up and hugs her and kisses her, it's adorable!!



It was such a great time, next time we go we are going to go for 3 days, because it just wasn't enough time! Every day in the heat of the day we went back to our hotel to take a nap and do baths, it was the perfect balance. We closed the park both nights- we were there until midnight! But neither or our kids missed a beat! We had ONE tantrum the entire trip, ONE! For a not yet 2 year old to be off her schedule completely, away from home, enduring the all the amazement that is Disney, having to sit in her stroller, being outside, running like a crazy kid in circles with excitement, travelling in the car for 7 hours each way, to have ONE tantrum, is pretty impressive, if I do say so myself :)



Chet was a dream baby-- he slept the majority of the time or hung out in his stroller. He nursed his way through three rides- Pooh Bear, It's a Small World, and another one that I can't remember at the moment. He just was awesome and a joy to be around!



And now for the pictures:



Day 1:

While we are waiting to enter the park:


Photobucket

Photobucket

Chet :)
Photobucket


With O'pa in the firetruck
Photobucket

Meeting Minnie Mouse (This was at the beginning of our first day-- and the experience made me feel like this Disney trip was worth every single cent we spent!)

Giving Minnie Mouse a smooch
Photobucket

Photobucket

Another smooch for Minnie
Photobucket

Photobucket

Meeting Pluto ("pup")
Photobucket

Mommy and Chet
Photobucket

Daddy and Chet
Photobucket

The girl who NEVER falls asleep anywhere, let alone in a public place, is sleeping in her stroller (her piggys fell out)
Photobucket

The "traditional" Mickey Mouse entry photo
Photobucket

With her O'pa and O'ma
Photobucket

Chet, having fun :)
Photobucket


Day 2
Yes, her "ears", sunglasses and shoes all had diamond studs in them :)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The kids and I in California Adventure
Photobucket

Daddy and Evie hitting the rides
Photobucket

Photobucket

Mommy and Evie on the catepillar ride
Photobucket

Evie in the water area
Photobucket

Photobucket

He's awake!
Photobucket

The last night on Main Street
Photobucket

Photobucket

5 comments:

Stacey J said...

So adorable! Wish we had been there!!!

Anonymous said...

i LOVE the last one!!

Anonymous said...

I AGREE WITH STACEY! SO GLAD IT ALL WENT SO WELL AND THAT YOU HAD A BLAST. LOVE ALL THE PICTURES.

BARBIE

Ryan and Desyrae said...

What a wonderful trip, glad to know a kindred spirit whose love for Disneyland makes her giddy!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much Brookie for all the pictures and telling us about Tot School. Is that still going OK? She looks like she is really concentrating on her work. I'm surprised the way she wasn't afraid at Disneyland.

Grandma