3.28.2010

Resurrection Eggs



Tot School



This past week's focus in our tot school has been Easter.  We try to keep the content of our time relevant to what we are doing- studying Spring as the season has changed, studying letters as she's began to notice them... focusing on what is coming our way and encouraging it.

I stalk... err... follow quite a few blogs of amazing homeschooling mamas who do all the creative work for me and make it SO easy peasy for me to do a quality Christian education from the comfort of my home!

I have heard of "resurrection eggs" from people online, but I had never actually seen them or known what they were all about.  I saw this post from the tot school blog and I left it up on my computer.  Evie walked by and said "Mama, EGGS!" and was so excited, she wanted eggs, and since she had shown the interest and I had a childless** errand in the area, I decided to check out our local Christian bookstore and see if they had any in stock.  

**childless note** carefree, get just myself in/out of the car, ability to BROWSE, read the backs of books, and take my time without fear my children would shriek/wander off/need to use the potty 10000x's/need to feed

The next time we did school she was SO excited to have her own set of eggs and I was really impressed by the packaging and contents of the product- they will store well and be something that our family can bring out for years during the Easter season.  I can't wait to have her introduce Bubba to them next year!


We bought these Eggs from Berean Christian bookstores- check 'em out.


Evie is working on getting all the eggs open by herself- sometimes it is more tricky than others... but she's doing an awesome job!
Photobucket


The Eggs:
Photobucket

I'm amazed at her level of comprehension- she is putting the facts together and building the Easter story piece by piece, and retelling the story of Jesus' death with a childlike innocence that blesses my heart!
Photobucket

The last egg, the gold egg, is empty because....
Photobucket

JESUS ROSE!
Photobucket


We also have the privilege of attending an AMAZING weekly Bible Study that rocks our socks off with it's content and quality of the children's program.  In her 2 year old class, part of the curriculum was to make palm branches and shakers and reenact the entry of Jesus on his donkey that we celebrate on Palm Sunday .  She has such a great time telling me about how the children yelled "HOORAY!" to Jesus and waved at him and showing me. 

Here she is shaking her shaker and shouting "hooray" for Jesus :)


Photobucket


Have I mentioned lately how much I LOVE being her mommy?

1 comment:

LizRice said...

Resurrection Eggs?!?!?! waaaaahhhh ~~~ want to go back, and share these with MY babies ~~~ how great of an idea are they? Love it. And, love your sharing/pics/kids/family/you!

me