4.23.2010

11 months and counting...

Photobucket

I spent 20 minutes last night belly laughing with this boy. From the gut, laughing so hard it started to hurt, laughter. He's funny. He's an entertainer. He enjoys a good laugh and he takes joy in others laughter.

Photobucket

He is the sweetest little kid.  Wholeheartedly genuinely sweet as sugar.  We sure are blessed that he's come into our lives- he completes us.

Photobucket


I have a hard time comprehending that he's 11 months old.  I've been in denial, I guess, that his first birthday is *so very close*.

Photobucket

I don't have much time to think... or I guess I should say, to complete thoughts.  I know full well that 11 months have passed, but I cannot believe that they have passed so quickly.

Photobucket

Makes sense though... everything about him is quick! He's a mover. He's fast. He knows where he's allowed and where he isn't, and takes full advantage of any unsupervised moment.

Photobucket

He's tiny. At least compared to the one who came before him. Wears 9 and 12 month clothes. Still fits in some of the things I put him in during the Christmas season. It baffles me that he is outgrowing his pants in length before in width.

Photobucket

He's a brother. He's her prince charming and 'Boots' (the monkey) and her lovely assistant. He's her biggest fan.

Photobucket

In so many ways he is my "little boy" now as the chapter of his babyhood comes to a close as he nears one. And although there is some sadness regarding the fact that my "baby" is becoming a big boy, I am also sooo excited. I love that with each day he is revealing his personality and his preferences to us. I love that as he grows he is better able to participate in our family and have a clear role. I'm excited to see him and his sister play together and enjoy things with one another. I cannot wait to hear them talk about things while I observe... I look forward to one and beyond with this sweetie pie.

Photobucket

3 comments:

Ryan and Desyrae said...

He is just so perfect. These photos are amazing and your words beautiful. So much love.

lauren said...

he is so stinking cute!!! these pictures are great. love hearing you talk about him and seeing him grow up even from far away. can't believe he's almost one!!! love you all.

Anonymous said...

cute, cute, cute! Love that little Chet Chet!

B