12.20.2010

Christmas Performances

I have so much to post.... Yet for some reason, am finding it so hard to sit down and do so! (Hmmm.. kinda hard to do so with a sick teething clingy toddler and a chatty preschooler!)  I'm worried if I don't get it posted and recorded then we will be past Christmas, and then down to my sister's wedding and Disneyland and I will NEVER get it posted!

Every Thursday morning we attend a fantastic bible study that my mother in law and grandma in law are a part of and encouraged me to join.  It through Community Bible Study- they have a wonderful program for birth through... well, great-great grandma! 

Even if I didn't glean anything from it (I do!) I would go for their children's program.  I am more than impressed by the amount of bible learning that Evie gets from her class!  During their morning, they have a music time in which they learn the songs that they perform for us around Christmas.  Their songs are different bible songs and memory verses- again, I am SO impressed at what she has learned at 2 and 3 years of age through this program!  They perform once at Christmas and then again at the end of the year.  Here are the pics from her performance..... In looking at them I could tell she wasn't feeling 100% but she did a great job performing!  She loved seeing her family in the audience- especially Daddy and Grammy who came just for this performance!





Does this little boy know that Evie is taking a pic with him?? Nope...



And she's done... the rest of the kids can sing... Evie's going to snack on her snowflake...

Afterward I wanted to get a pic of the 2 kids... you can see how well that went down...

I call this one... "I'm cold.  And done."


Then, this Sunday, the kids performed in church!  Evie's class was enacting the nativity scene while the "big kids" sang the song they were acting out, and even Chet-Chet's class came in at the end! It was adorable!

Here are a few pics I got:

My angel and her favorite person in the whole world... Tay Tay

<3 her!

Taylor doing an AWESOME job acting out her role as Mary!


The toddlers and their sheep



Joseph and Mary



Happy as could be once he found this candy cane and opened it all by himself!

So if I don't get a change to blog again before the Christmas holiday... I'd like to take the chance to say Merry Christmas to all that read our blog!  (And no, you weren't deleted from our Christmas card list... they just weren't happening this year.) Thanks for checking in with us year round for updates!  We love you all!  ~The Odgers~Josh, Brooke, Evie & Chet~

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your children are so precious, Brooke. Thank you for sharing them with us, and for sharing how much they're learning from the Bible and about Jesus! You, my dear, are amazing!!! <3

~Cindy (cnnc)

Anonymous said...

So fun reading the blog Brookie. Your family picture turned out very nice.

Luv you all,
Barbie

Anonymous said...

Hi Brooke,
I so enjoy watching your children grow,and especially watching you become a strong woman of Christ. I remember when i first saw you, I believe you were fourteen, you had long blondish hair. Mary Ellen had load's of school dance picture's all over. And then one day I met you, your a super sweet girl, and have a wonderful family, I love reading your blog. Merry Christmas. Love The ------ Family.

Stacey, Marc, Drew and Tyler said...

What a gorgeous pic. I guess I have the wrong address for you as I tried to send a Christmas card this year and it got returned. Can you email me the new one?

Love,
Stacey