3.18.2008

Happy 6 Months dearest daughter!!!

Yesterday was Evie's 6 month anniversary of life! Today she is closer to being a one year old than she is to be a newborn, what a very sad reality for me! My baby is turning into a big girl! She looks more and more toddler like with every passing day!

She is my Miss Independent! Evie is starting to get a mind of her own. I know that sounds funny to say, she's a separate human, but she's been such a good, chill baby since she was born and so complacent to do any and everything we had her do.

She now knows the function of cups, and, accordingly, has decided that every cup, in mama's hand, daddy's hand, grammy's hand, papa's hand, stranger's hand, is hers. She will lean for it, grab at it, put her mouth on the outside of it-- afterall, they are hers, why wouldn't she?

When we go out to dinner she watches our every move- smacking her lips and reaching for our food. She took a chunk out of my hamburger a couple of nights ago when I wasn't looking. Just put her hand right in there! So I put it up to her mouth, to see what she would do, and she tried to eat it, got a mouthful of mustard and went back for more! What a nut! Now-- this kid still looks at me like I'm from outerspace when I try to spoon cereal into her mouth, but she will eat a hamburger????

She knows how to drink out of a cup but gets frustrated with me if I try to give her a sippy. She loves her cups and wants to hold it, all on her own! Same with her bottle, it tips when she holds it and she gets frustrated, but she wants to do it herself, thankyouverymuch!

As for my birthday, yesterday (thank you for all the text messages, phone calls and emails!)

We got Evie's 6 month pictures done at JC Penney yesterday, it was so much fun to take her in again, she's so much older than she was at 3 months, ya know? They do a really good job with the pictures, I had such a hard time ordering! They really know how to get you at those places, showing you everything it's like HOW CAN YOU SAY NO?!

I paid to have them posted online, so as soon as they post them I'll post the link here so you all can see.

She did really good, until the lady put her on her belly. She was so tired she just put her head down and rubbed her face on the ground, and then her eye got BRIGHT red!! It looked like we punched her, I was horrified! We both have really sensitive skin to touch, if I was to scratch my chest it turns bright red and looks pretty bad for a couple of minutes. And the lady just kept snapping away- I was like, "Umm.. I'm not going to buy any of these where it looks like an abuse victim!" Thankfully, it faded fast and we got some BEAUTIFUL pictures. Of course, I ordered too many and don't have any idea where I am going to put them in the house! But they were beautiful!

Josh took Evie and I to Lowe's yesterday to pick out my birthday present. (You know you are old when....) I really want a new screen door for our front door, more like a storm door- that has a window that you can open to let the air in or close it, and it adds security. That way I can open the front door and let the light in and the air and not be worried some stray cat or person is going to wander in! We picked one out but it is special order... so he's going to go back to order it today.

We had a great time last night at Ruth's Chris. It was so fancy, we were all dressed up, I wore high heels for the first time in forever! Josh took Evie over to his mom's house a bit early, so I got ready baby free! It was so weird, I was still on "alert"- you know- listening for her! The dinner was awesome and we had $100 to spend, so that was so wonderful! We actually ended up paying out $30 once we got done with tip and everything, but $30 to eat at a fancy steak house? Can't beat that!! It would've been so much more if we drank alcohol! They gave me a free dessert for my birthday and Josh was so sweet and considerate about everything.

He got a new car yesterday, yes on my birthday, LOL, classic-- so he was extra nice ;) He got an FJ "Foreign Jeep" ('65 Toyota Land Cruiser), and he's so excited. It runs, by the way, so you will actually see it!!

Here are some pictures, none of the "blanket ones" yet!! (Sorry Liz!)

Sitting up all by myself--- for 45 MINUTES!!

My cousin Tay is so nice, she wants to share everything with me and I love her oh so much!
Mom, leave me alone, I've got it!
Pees... still working out the whole solids thing! She is not a fan!
Call me peeps!! I'm on my cell!
Sitting up for the first time
Laying out! :)

Sitting up :) (excuse my house!! I was folding laundry and Tay is over so we got out all the toys!)
Smiles!

Surprise!
Look ma, I've got a dress on!! (She loves to pull it up to her face and "flash" everyone!)
Daddy and baby-- matching!! (Josh bought her that onesie before she was born, he was so excited about it!)
Rocker girl!!









6 comments:

Paige said...

OH MY GOOOOOOOSH! Best entry YET! I love it :) :)

Although I'm starting to forget what YOU look like! Haha.. time for some "mom and daughter" pictures too!

She is SO cute! I died at the picture of her and Josh. I'm sure he's proud of it :)

Anonymous said...

So stinkin' cute!!! I can't believe how fast they grow!

Ericanaysha said...

Love all the photos!

Anonymous said...

Ok. LOVE the idea of daddy and baby girl matching. HATE HATE HATE POSITIVELY HATE the disgusting SKULL on my grandbaby's tummy!!!! Ironically, that's the shirt Josh chose to wear to her birth! :/ Oh well.... grandmas have to adapt!

mom

Anonymous said...

I am SO glad I went back and read your blog, after quickly scrolling through the photos, looking for, (what else): the blanket pic! I was already to comment: "where is it?"....but you took care of that, in your very last sentence...

but you know, I still want to say, "where is the blanket photo? must have. must see!"

love your blog, Brooke! congrats to Josh on his new car (and glad Ruth Chris was such a great b-day dinner for you)!

me

Jennifer Herring said...

Happy six months!