This is like 8 blog entries in one, so I'm trying to organize it so that you can flip through it with ease! But, if nothing else, you've GOT to view the video! Even if you just listen to the audio, it is totally worth it.
Our Friends Visit
Our friends from Southern California came to stay with us while they attended a wedding here in Sacramento. I met my friend Shayna online during my pregnancy (she had just had her daughter Bella in May). We started talking because we were both Christians and started emailing back and forth and did a discipleship together for awhile. When she emailed me asking if she, her hubby, and her daughter could stay with us while they came for a wedding, I of course said "yes!!" But everyone kept asking me, "How do you know her??" and I'd be like, "I met her online..." and it just sounded weirder than it was!! I knew her better than I knew most people!
We had such a good time with their family, hanging out and showing them Sacramento!! They are the sweetest couple and it turned out, that in all of Sacramento, with everyone that lives here, the bride in the wedding they went to used to attend Arcade and her grandparents and extended family still do!!! Honestly, what are the odds? My girlfriend knew the groom and then came to church with me on Sunday and recognized a number of people from the wedding!!
I didn't get any pictures of the 6 of us all together :-( But here is one of Evie and their daughter, Bella. They had a great time playing together!

Grandma Dean comes to town!!
We were also so blessed that Grandma Dean (my dad's mom) came out to visit us that weekend as well!!! Grandma surprised my parents by being there for their first Sunday as the pastors of Arcade.
Here are some pictures of our "family weekend" while Grandma Dean was here:
Taylor "playing" the trumpet:

Mati playing us a tune!

Evie "walking" with Auntie Paige:

Mommy and Evie:

Tay giving Evie hugs (while I offer some help!!)

Dad and Matt:

Grandma Dean, Evie, Taylor and Aunt Barbie!

Stacey & Mati playing "bean bags" in Mom & Dad's backyard:

A smile from Evie:

And she's shocked!

Upclose and personal:

Our little family:

***Giggles from Evie (pre-sick baby!)*** - The Video
When she wakes up is one of my favorite times of the day. This was after a nap and she'd already been laughing up a storm for quite a while before I thought to get the camera and record her:
So blessed by our church family....
We have such a wonderful church family!! Evie is so amazingly blessed to have so many people in her life that love on her and offer her smooches and hugs and love at every turn!! Here are some pics from a church thing we were at:
Does this girl ever get any attention?! LOL
With the Landrum girls and Faith from church:

Evie and Faith:

Here's a happier one of her in the swing from my earlier post:

Grad Party Weekend!
Our family had three family friends with sons that were graduating this year! Congrats to Jake, Buck and Adam on being done with high school!!! Yay!! Party on!
The pic below is Mommy and baby at Adam Turner's graduation party. (The Turners live up in Auburn and have a BEAUTIFUL view from their home. If you were around/remember, Susan Turner was gracious enough to open up her house to me when I was getting married to get ready at.)

This girl wants to "tip" her way everywhere!

Here baby, Mama's got a kiss for you!

I thought she looked so cute, just sitting in this chair like an adult!

Made In Hawaii...
When I was pregnant, my sister Paige made me a shirt for the baby for the baby shower. The shirt said "Made in Hawaii", without making this post totally TMI, I'm sure can figure out what it means ;)
Here's a pic of Paige and I from the shower with the shirt:

And here is Evie, in her shirt that I thought was so big when I received it at the shower! She is BUSTING out of it!
Showing off her bottom teeth:

In black and white:

The Remote...
She is really trying to crawl and scoot, I'm thinking she will probably (?) be mobile within the month. (First time mama guessing here....)
Here's a little college I made when she was trying to get our remote at home:

And finally...
A Sicky Update:
Evie had roseola. Mary Ellen (my MIL) and Grandma Jo (my G-MIL) diagnosed her (what would I do without family???!!!). Auntie Paige also said that she saw 3 teeth on top and one on bottom trying to come in, so Evie girl has been through THE WRINGER this week!! Poor baby, no wonder she wasn't herself!! But, true to Evie form, she was still a wonderful baby to be around!! She's such a good girl.
3 comments:
love all the pics and love the video. baby giggles are some of the best sounds in the world! thanks for the update. it's all wonderful. love you all.
Love the updates!! I'm glad that you are surrounded by a wonderful and loving church family. That is very important. It sounds like you had a fun time with Shayna and her family. Sounds like a wonderful friendship was formed. :-) {hugs}
the Hawaii shirt is too cute! this was a great, all inclusive, kind of post :)
Post a Comment