6.30.2008

She said "Water"!

It was pronounced 'WA' in Evie language, but she said it!

So I, of course, freaked out and was like, "YES! WATER! WATER! THIS IS WATER! WHAT IS THIS? WATER!" She didnt' say it again tonight, though, I wonder why? hee hee.

So, so far, we have "bye" and "water" (buh and wa) that were said in context. I get "ma ma ma ma" a lot, but usually only when she's angry, so that can't be directed at me can it?!

4 comments:

Jennifer Herring said...

Woohoo!

Michelle said...

Do you guys do baby signs with her? I'm just curious how many signs she knows (if you do 'em), but hasn't spoken yet....

Brooke said...

not really. I wanted to be better about it but I didn't have the time! we've only ever done "water" with her as a sign and waved bye bye.

Jennifer Herring said...

Brooke, seriously, don't feel bad about the signing. She knew how to communicate with you when she needed to and she'll probably speak sooner without it. :-) (Not that I think it's a bad thing - just not something to worry about if you didn't do it)