8.04.2008

San Diego Part I

We are currently on vacation down in Pacific Beach in San Diego. My parents rent a condo here and have invited us to stay with them for the past few years, and I've taken advantage of it! Josh hasn't been able to make it, he made it for a few days one year, but other than that, he hasn't had the time off of work. This year he was able to take vacation time and join us!

We drove down to Anaheim on Friday and then the rest of the way to San Diego on Saturday. My sister joined us for the car ride. Evie did really well in the car! We left at about 2 pm so I thought she would take her afternoon nap and then fall asleep at 7ish, when she usually goes down for the night. NOPE! She took maybe a 20 minute nap and didn't fall asleep until 11 pm! Aaaah! Craziness! But she was an angel baby, wasn't fussy and was our little wonder!

We turned her carseat for the trip, so she was sitting like a big girl and loved that she could see everything that was going on in the car!

Josh and I driving down:
Photobucket

Paige and Evie in the back:
Photobucket

Josh with Evie's bear for neck support!
Photobucket

Evie loves this bear and loves giving it kisses!!!
Photobucket

Here you can see how tired she was at night, and STILL not sleeping! That kid doesn't want to miss A THING!
Photobucket

Paige taking silly photos:
Photobucket

We got to San Diego on Saturday afternoon and joined my parents in the area of Seaport Village, where they had stayed the night. They ended up getting bumped from their hotel room for some reason, and my dad was able to negotiate them up into the top floor, rich people suite, where you get a card to go to the special floor! So we saw their room and hung out with them a bit:

Evie at the hat shop at Seaport Village:
Photobucket

Evie loving on Curious George!
Photobucket

"walking" with Auntie and Grammy:
Photobucket

Our condo is really really nice, we are loving staying here! It has a beautiful deck with lawnchairs, which is so nice because I don't always make it down to the beach and it collides with Evie's nap time.

They have this older wooden highchair that Evie has been eating her meals in. It took her about 1 meal to realize that the tray doesn't lock, and she could lift it right out and give mommy a heart attack. So I had to tie a scarf around the tray to keep it down!

Being silly in Grammy's sweatband from the 80's:
Photobucket

OOOOOOOOOH!
Photobucket

And our day at the beach:

Our family:
Photobucket

Photobucket

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brooke- it looks/sounds like you're having a great time! I love the pics. They're all great (as usual.) I hope that you continue to have fun!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pics. have a safe drive home. LOL O'ma

Anonymous said...

Loved the whole blog. Great pictures. Glad you all are having a great time. Love, Grandma Dean

♥ Kim & Lorelai said...

She is so cute, Brooke! I love the ears, lmao!

I can't wait for more. :D

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you are having a great time. Thanks for the pictures.

Hugs, Barbie

Steph said...

I think we had that high chair with the detatchable tray! Prayers for your mommy heart! ;)