7.29.2008

Grandma Jo's Dress

She's crawling like crazy, it's hard to believe that she has only been doing it for 2 weeks. She's fast when she wants to be and really got the hang of it with no trouble at all! However, she doesn't especially enjoy crawling, it seems, and will only do the minimum required! She stops about a foot away from her destination and then just reaches for what she is crawling for!

I think she is teething again as she is fussy and needs her mommy. Crawling had granted her, and I!, some independence but with her hurting mouth, she has been following me all day and saying, "Mamamama" and trying to crawl up my legs and crying until I pick her up, poor baby! So the housework can wait, my baby needs me and my arms and my attention.

I read this quote on a board I belong to and I thought it was a perfect reminder for mommies like me, who struggle with balancing our organization, cleanliness, home with our roles as mommies and wives:

"Cleaning and scrubbing can wait til tomorrow, for babies grow up, we've learned to our sorrow. So quiet down cobwebs, dust go to sleep. I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep."

This last week Mary Ellen got out a dress that they have in safe keeping and we decided to see how it fit Evie. This dress was hand stitched by Evie's great-great-great grandmother for her Great Grandma Jo. Her Grandma Jo and Jo's sister both had one made, her sister's dress was in apple green. We got out the dress for Evie to try on, both Jo and Auntie Megan had worn it when they were around 2 years old, and wouldn't you know it fit her, in fact, we had to take her pictures in it right away, she wasn't going to fit in it!

So here they are... and can I tell you, it is a wee bit stressful taking a crawling baby's pictures in a 72 year old hand stitched garmet! I was like, don't move! don't crawl! and smile!

This is her, in her O'ma rocker:
Photobucket

"O"
Photobucket

Smiles:
Photobucket

Trying to jump out and give mommy a heart attack:
Photobucket

I'll just eat it instead...
Photobucket

I like this one:
Photobucket

These ones really show off the dress:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

still "o"ing!
Photobucket

And this one, is like "mom, I am done!"
Photobucket

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

GREAT PICTURES AND SUCH A PRETY DRESS. THANKS FOR SHARING THE PICTURES SO THOSE OF US FAR AWAY CAN KEEP UP WITH EVIE'S PROGRESS.

LOVE GRANDMA DEAN

Anonymous said...

I love the dress and a beautiful color on Evie. Thanks for sharing. Barbie

Paige said...

Yey! I laughed a few times at your comments, including "wanting to give me a heart attack" and "don't move, don't crawl, and smile!"

Love you.

Anonymous said...

Thank's , we were able to print them out so mom can take them to Ill.

Brooke said...

You figured out how to post a comment Mary Ellen!!! Way to go :)

Jennifer Herring said...

What a special thing to have! Very cute. :-)

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL! and how fun to have such a wonderful heirloom in the family! :-) Great job on the photos, honey!

mom

Heidi said...

She is a doll! You take fabulous pictures!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that dress is beautiful. So are those well taken shots and so is the subject. How fun to look at, thanks Mommy!

Lindsay A