My birthday celebration was a great time! I felt spoiled, loved and appreciated-- all key factors into having a wonderful birthday in my book. On the actual day of my birthday Josh had to work, so I hung out with my parents and my momma made me my red velvet cake that I was sorely craving!! Stacey took me to lunch and we hung out with the girls at Galleria and watched them play, which was so much fun-- cousins are the best :-) There are no pictures of me at the park, because apparently I looked craptastic after a day of celebrating, and there's no way my blog is going to display that.
We've been busy lately. We've been packing up what we need to and trying to clear out and organize at Mom and Dad's. Most of our stuff is ready to go- it's just a matter of when. And to tell you the truth- it's almost worse having so much time to move! You wouldn't think so, but knowing you have all this stuff to do that you can't do yet, but you will need to do, and when you need to do it you will be about 4 x's larger, is deflating. It is tempting just to pack up and move into mom and dad's today and be done with it already!
Speaking about being larger- whoo eee. I'm in the home stretch and feelin' it, let me tell ya! Maybe it's that it's the second pregnancy, maybe it is that I have another kiddo to care for, maybe I'm just more impatient or something, but I feel so much worse this time around! I don't feel terrible or awful, just much. more. pregnant. I'm sore, I'm tired. I'm ready to meet my little guy! I think a lot of it is that I'm not as nervous as I was when I was pregnant with Evie about having an actual newborn. Before having Evie I felt like newborns were this scary, alien-type experience that I may fail at. With Chet, I'm a little more excited because I remember the early days with Evie. But I'm also pretty nervous- Evie was a wonderful, angel baby. I keep thinking, "what if he's colicky?" I think that's my biggest worry. That he will be this fussy and *gasp* non-sleeping baby and I'll be like "PUT HIM BACK!". Gosh, I hope not. I'm tired just thinking about it.
And seriously- strangers are not any reassurance. You tell someone your first was a great baby, and you know what they want to tell you? What a terrible devil child you are going to have the second time around. You know what I think? It's jealousy... Kind of like if some skinny girl is braggin about how she lost 2 lbs and manage to gain a cup size, and you wanna wish her cellulite dimples all over her thighs? I think that's the same way people feel about good babies. You had one? Well you'd better not have another, they think... That's just not fair.
I stressed myself out so much when I was pregnant with Evie about the "unknowns", and God worked every.single.thing.out. So this time around, I told myself I wasn't going to bother. I wasn't going to bother to worry about all of the crapola that could happen or could be, because what was the sense? And then I find myself blogging about colicky babies... ay. Lord, give me strength!
Baby preparations are going wonderfully!!! I have most of the big items that I was worried about getting ready before he came. I sold some stuff on Craigslist that I wasn't going to need anymore and was able to buy a double stroller and a carseat that accomdated the double stroller. My good friend Dawn provided us with a crib for Chet (I wasn't ready to move Evie out of her crib, it's going waaaaaay too well!) and on the 18th my dear family is throwing me a baby shower!! So things should be ready to go by my goal of May 1st, I'm so so so excited!
It's hard not to think that Chet's going to come early. And I chastise myself each time I think it, because there I don't want to plan on it and be disappointed if he waits for his due date. I want him to come when he's good and ready... but I do have to face the reality, that I was NOT ready when Evie came because it never occured to me that she might possibly come before her due date. So that's why we are shooting for May 1-- just so we can be ready for whatever might come!
This week I got this email about his development:
This week, your baby measures over 16 inches long. He weighs about 3.3 pounds (try carrying four navel oranges) and is heading into a growth spurt. He can turn his head from side to side, and his arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath his skin. He's probably moving a lot, too, so you may have trouble sleeping because your baby's kicks and somersaults keep you up. Take comfort: All this moving is a sign that your baby is active and healthy.
I'm always very relieved when I hit the 31 week mark. My friend/co-worker had her little guy at 31 weeks, and while it was not an ideal situation (he spent weeks in the NICU and had some health complications at first) I did get to see him at the hospital, and he is a big strong boy now!! So once I hit 31 weeks, while I pray for him to bake longer, I know that if he had to come, the results have a stronger chance of being very good, instead of where earlier in the pregnancy they could've been fatal.
My little Evie is quite the pistol, lately!! She's a woman who knows what she wants and isn't afraid to tell you if you are not doing what she wanted! She loves to get the mail, loves to take Sadie on a walk, loves to go down the slides, loves to tell old people "hi!", loves to get her little tea set out and set it up, and loves to play peek a boo and chase! Such a fun age, we love hearing her new words and seeing her expressions-- she's a funny, funny girl!
Well.... I hope this made up for some of the wordlessness as of late. I will try to be better about little updates. And next, hopefully, I'll be posting some of the maternity photos we had taken this week :D
8 comments:
Thanks Brookie for the newsy blog. I enjoy all the pictures you send, too. You do such a good job taking the pictures. MAYBE Chet will be born on my birthday, June 1!!! The weather forecast is for another storm coming in tonight!! It isn't bad around here but that is all those poor people in ND need is more moisture. I wonder how long Dave will be in Fargo? I don't envy you moving. There will be a houseful once you get moved in and Paige gets home.
Guess I forgot to sign my name on the first comment. You can probably figure out that is Grandma.
What a writer you are! If you can't remember, now, it is God's way of letting you know what is coming down the road at a much later stage of your life. Get ready, it's a blast! Remember, "Fear Not" is a command that God gives us many times in the Word. You are going to do great with your kids.
Hugs, Barbie
Hang-in there girl, he's almost here. It's all worth it they grow up and give you grandkids. praying for you and Josh...love O'ma
I always enjoy your insight. You make me laugh. I think you have such a great attitude that two will be a piece of cake. Ok, it may take time in the beginning, but you'll be in the swing of things before long. And, I, while I'd be jealous, I still pray you get another easy baby!! EVERYONE deserves an easy baby, whether it be number 1 or 18. You are having 18 right, cause Evie's cute, so they all will be. =)
My goodness lady! That must have been a long time coming. Haven't seen you that wordy for a while.
Glad to know things are cruising along so smoothly.
The only boy tip I can give you is to talk to people about caring for the circumcision, if you plan to have one. That was the big scarey unknown for me after having a girl first. Keep lots of vaseline on hand, in a tube is best. Along with small squares of gauze and soft papertowels or natural wipes for about the first week.
Thanks for all the updates!
~Kate
You're the funniest writer EVER! And that's not just because I'm your sister. I read part of your blog outlod to my roommate and she was quite entertained too! Love you sister. Miss you SO much and I'm really bummed I've been missing out on your pregnancy! Sorry you're feeling realllly pregnant. But soon we'll have Chet here and you'll forget all about it :) And PLEASE don't let him come out May 1st! Can he waitu until the... 12th? I'd appreciate that ;) Love you sister! Keep writing. I love reading! Can't wait to see more of your prego photos!
Ah I love that Drew is your measure for how far along is ok. I very much felt that way when I hit 31 weeks this time around, like ok I could do that again if I had too. Also I had super easy laid back baby (after the whole NICU thing of course) the first time around and every said the same thing about evil baby coming next, but know what I got the exact same thing this time around too. Tyler is super laid back so na na na to all of em!! :) I know you are slammed, but I would love to get together any time you are free.
Post a Comment