Judge Judy & Burt Renoylds.


Now, I'm positive that the fact that I am "coming out" about this little known factoid about my daughter is causing some serious judgement being cast from those who read this blog, and I'm to shoulder that judgement on my mothering abilities. Why, you may ask, does Evie know the names of Judge Judy and Burt (as she affectionately calls him)? Well....
If you know me, and I mean, really know me, not just we have a casual, friendly, cordial relationship, you know that I am officially and totally obsessed with Judge Judith Sheindlin, (who you casual viewers know as "Judge Judy"). "The people are real. The cases are real. The rulings are final. This is Judge Judy..." I love so much about that woman, her wit, her intelligence, her frank and to the point rulings... it's a one way love affair, of this I'm sure, but that lady rocks. At any given time there are usually 8 new episodes recorded to our DVR. I've seen every single episode that's ever been on TV (I say with a 95% certainty) so only new episodes are recorded. Evie has grown up listening to Judy's judgements, her questioning, her wisdom... and now, when I turn it on, Evie exclaims, "Ju Ju!!" (Judge Judy) and stops to watch the intro. I am so proud! Who needs Elmo when you have Ju Ju?!
Now, please do not be mistaken, I do NOT have this sort of affection for Burt Reynolds! This is hardly the case!! Recently, I have outgrown all of my pajama shirts and was searching Josh's closet for an over sized t-shirt that I could confiscate without it being missed too sorely until I could return it in June. In my search I found Josh's t-shirt that he had received last year when he participated in a "moustache party". For those of you that are unaware, moustache parties are where everyone shows up sportin' a moustache, real or fake, and well.... that's pretty much it. Kinda like a 'toga' party... Oh yeah, and usually some beer. Josh's friends hosted one last year, and as part of his attending he was given a white undershirt with a screen print of Burt Reynolds on it. He doesn't exactly wear this shirt every day, so I confiscated it for a pj shirt. Evie took right to it- she loves it- and the first night I wore it she said, "Man!". I jokingly said, "yep, baby, that's Burt..." and now every time I go to get her out of her crib in the morning she exclaims "Burt!!" like they are old friends greeting one another each AM over the changing table.
So, that's the story of Judy and Burt. The two oddest players in my daughter's identification vocabulary.... so far....
10 comments:
No judgment here,but a REALLY good laugh! That is SOOOO funny! Last week we were walking through the store,and my four year old daughter shouted "LOOK Hannah Montana",she has never seen the show,we don't even have cable,but I got the dirtiest looks like people could not believe my four year old would watch such a thing!I have no idea where she has heard about hannah montanta...Go figure! Keep up your great parenting style!
Hilarious!!!!
I know what you love most about Judge Judy is that she gets to say exactly what she thinks without any worry - plus she is 100% in control of the courtroom.
You are secretly incredibly envious of this power....
That is the funniest thing ever! I did not know you loved Judge Judy. I have totally lost touch.
Barbie
uhmmm...."Mom" (lj): probably nothing secret about the envy...I am rather green w/the stuff, myself, over Lucky Judge Judy!
LizR.
If I could I would ware a T-shirt with Robbie Bensons picture...He was sooooo cute in the 70s. Then Evie could say Robbie! lol O'ma
Come on Liz @ Laurie who would you ware? O'ma
O'ma hit it on the head with Robbie Benson. But I would put Jan Michael Vincent along with Illya Kuryakin (David McCallum)from Man from U.N.C.L.E. up there. But my all time favorite -- Kurt Russell. From Old Yeller to now, that man can be on any T-shirt of mine.Oh, this is about Evie! So cute! Funny what they pick up. (PS: I hate Judge Judy and am a little fearful my Great Niece listens to her.)
ROFL I LOVE IT!!!!
FANTASTIC!!! Absolutely fantastic.
that is hilarious!
Post a Comment