I'm pretty sure Evie just decided to potty train. :-0
After reading a friend's posting I was inspired to give it another whirl. I thought that maybe I had rushed the whole situation and I was committed to giving it a 2 week trial so that I could really see if the concept was really sinking in. I was prepared to do pee pee laundry and clean up accidents. Since it's Thanksgiving this week, a lot of our normal activities aren't happening, so we would be able to stick close to home and really focus on training.
I sent Josh out to get a new "pee pee" timer and we talked (again) about the concept of wearing panties and how tinkerbell doesn't want pee pees or poops on her, and that's yucky. We also talked about where our potty needs to go and how we tell mommy when we feel a potty. We set the timer and every 30 minutes we go sit on the potty and see if she needs to go.
She was SO into it! The timer goes off and we rush to the bathroom. She seems to be able to tell when she actually needs to go vs. when she is sitting there and she doesn't have a potty. When she doesn't need to go she will sit there for about 10 seconds before hopping up and declaring that she's "done". But if she needs to go, even if it is going to take a while before it comes, she patiently sits there and waits for it. She's also "tinkled" a little bit and then said "more" and waited for the rest to come!
She's been in panties since Friday morning with NO accidents!!! I still put a diaper on her for naps/night time, but she isn't happy about it She threw her diaper yesterday and said "NO DIAPER! UNDIES!".. She's even had 2 poops on the potty!! BUT-- she hasn't gotten the concept of telling us that she's going to go poop thus put me on the toliet yet, we've noticed her get serious and say "poop" real softly and then scooped her up and ran to the bathroom. But both times we've made it, so I think that counts as success!
AND!!! (further mommy bragging)-- she went to church and out to eat today at a restaurant in her undies with NO accidents! We had to bring her little potty insert for the big potty with us (Josh was so red faced over our toliet seat ) but hey-- whatever works!
I'm soooo HAPPY and SHOCKED over how when they are "ready" they are "ready"!!
3 comments:
So awesome to hear that!!! Go Evie!!!!
How great! Can she really be big enough for this? Let her know what a great job we think she (and her parents) are doing.
WOO HOO EVIE! Ah I can't believe how much she will have changed when I come home in 3 weeks! Such a big girl!!!
Post a Comment