11.11.2009

Update of sorts

♥ Whew! This blogging thing was a lot easier when I just had one kid to tote around ☺

For real... where does my day go? I thought this SAHM gig would give me MORE time, instead I'm more discombobulated than ever! I had to start scheduling all of our bills on "auto pay" because I'd get the days confused and missed a payment. My schedules are based on when the next pay day is and when I can do my next big Walmart trip, not getting together or some social event.

Life is good. The kids grow leaps and bounds by the day and I'm continually amazed by Evie's motor and verbal development. ♥ She can repeat anything, if she feels like, and keeps telling me things that I'm like, "And WHERE did you learn that?!". She is a sponge right now, and I'm trying my best to take advantage of it and teach her new and interesting things! This week she learned her last name- and that Mommy, Daddy, Chet, O'ma, O'pa, and Aunt MayMay share that name too. She also learned my parent's first and last name (Jennins according to her) and is working on Barbie's last name (it's a mouth full! but she's attempting it!). Also, during nighttime prayers, she reminds me to pray and who to pray for now says the "Dear Jesus" part. It's so heartwarming to see those basic spiritual principles developing in her life!!

She is also paying attention to EVERYTHING- including our driving! Last night we were going to Walmart (LOL, payday was yesterday!) and Josh was trying to pull out onto the main road, but he had pulled out too far so he reversed, and she said, "No Dad! Go! No Dad!". And then when we got on the freeway she yelled, "GO DAD, GO DAD!". Poor Daddy... now he's getting bossed by the passenger seat AND the backseat. Can't wait until Chet chimes in too....

Our little man is having a development spurt of his own too. Honestly? His is not as enjoyable! When my babes go through a big period of learning and growing they usually get a bit grumpy and it interrupts their beautiful sleeping patterns... So while I'm excited to see the otherside of this spurt, meanwhile, I'm going a bit nutso! I'm just being honest here. I love him and I love her, but I also love the routines we have, and these type of things make my days a lot less efficient and makes me feel like I'm having re-learn their behavior all over again! Once again, as soon as you think you have this mothering thing down... you don't.

Our baby boy's spurt is involving a lot of growing and I believe, a tooth or two trying to make it's way to the surface. He's entered into the stage of where he knows that I'm his mommy, and I better not think that I want to do anything else but hold him! Poor little guy can't stand if I move 5 feet away, he wants to be IN MY ARMS. Thank God for baby carriers! I put him in the Ergo and the Mei Tai a good portion of the day so I can get something done! He's a big boy, we just moved him up out of his infant carseat into the convertible car seat. He is rolling from tummy to back with no problem, he's rolled from back to tummy only a couple of times. I wouldn't be surprised if he's not crawling in the next 2 months. He's got the strength, he's just got to figure out the coordination. He's SO FUNNY in the jumperoo! He goes CRAZY in it! I've never seen a baby jump like that, and I can't believe his neck can stand it!

He's ALL boy. It's so funny to have one of each and see their differences as individuals and also as genders. He's such a mover. Even when I bring him into bed at night to nurse, he moves all over the place if he's on his back sleeping. I usually have to get up and put him back in his crib so that he (and I!) can get some rest. Evie was so different- we'd just snuggle all night (we still do sometimes!!). That's what I try to remind myself on the days where he wants to be in my arms and in the carrier-- it won't last forever... He's going to be a busy little boy with an agenda of his own and I'm going to have to steal those affectionate moments... so just soak it in while I can!! ♥ ♥


Josh and I are doing well. We're adjusting to the two kids and realizing that two is a pretty great number ☺ No final decisions have been made, but two could very well be it for us. That's SUCH a weird thought and feeling. My whole life all I've ever wanted to do is get married and have babies.... to think that I am married and I've had my babies makes me think that maybe I better think beyond that! Now, I've still got a baby under a year, so my mind very well change, but it also might not. In a way, it almost makes me feel guilty. Like because I'm not jumping at the chance to have another one, like I was after I had Evie, that I don't love Chet as much. But I DO! It's just that that reality is, kids are LOT of work! And the way that we parent, we want to be able to wholeheartedly enjoy our kids as individuals, and the more you add to the mix, the more stretched you are. Some people do a wonderful job at it, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you can't have 10 kids and love them as individuals, I just don't know if that's what is right for US. Maybe one more bambino in our future... but I can't see us having more than that. Weird...

As far as Josh goes- he got a new custom made bass his uncle made for him, and he's loving it. He's practicing and really working on his musical abilities. I can't believe his talent, and that he's never had a lesson! He's working hard and we are thankful for his job and it's provision. He's still in the yard, so no travelling, and we're grateful for his daily presence in our family life!

Me? I went back to Weight Watchers meetings last Monday and my first week I lost 4 pounds!! I cannot believe it! I have been working hard since having Chet and have had little to show for it on the scale, it's like my body is FINALLY responding to my weightloss efforts and I'm so thankful! I'm now at my pre-pregnancy weight and I have about 10 more lbs I'd like to lose by my birthday in March, or at least by Chet's birthday in May. I'm attending a wonderful bible study on Genesis and I feel like I'm growing in my Walk. I have some spiritual goals that I'm working on as well- creating a DAILY, intimate time with the Lord for one. I'm lucky to get it in once a week, and that's just not acceptable.

I feel like I've got all of these things that I want to be... all these things I want to do... all these roles to fulfill... I want to live in the moment and plan for the future... So thankful that God meets me where I am and is my guide on this journey.


Thanks for reading ☺ Chet's 6 month blog should be up around the 15th so be sure to check back for that post.

6 comments:

Enriched-Mom said...

Great post Brooke. You're doing the right thing by enjoying them as much as possible. They grow so fast and you look back and wonder where it went.

And Evie looks so grown up compared to Chet in those pictures below.

Our Family said...

Oh friend! I adore you and your family! (((hugs)))

Erica said...

I LOL'ed at the backseat driver. Natalie STILL does it to Bruce. Not to me tho, hmmm. LOL

Thanks for updating, I have been wondering how you have been. :)

Erica

Anonymous said...

Always fun to read the blog even though I get to see you each day....which I love! Can't imagine my life any other way.

Love you guys,
B

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed reading your blog and hearing all of your thoughts, plans and unknowns. I really enjoyed seeing you all and enjoyed those little ones. I enjoyed all of the big ones too. Mom Dean

Ryan and Desyrae said...

So true! I can totally relate! Chet and Eli sound like they are totally facing the same fun, but challenging changes! We should get those boys together sometime!
Glad to know...I'm not alonel! :)
<3