1.01.2009

Merry Christmas & A Happy New Year!!

Photobucket




Photobucket




I hope that you all had a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!! We sure have had a blessed holiday season! My Grandma Dean (dad's mom) was able to come out from South Dakota to celebrate with us!

Our holiday traditions are pretty engrained- every year on Christmas Eve we go to the candlelight service at our church. This year, Evie played "Mary" in the nativity scene reactment with some other children from church. She did a great job, I think she was too stunned by the people and the lights to any different! She looked so cute in her little Mary outfit :)



Photobucket




Photobucket




Photobucket




Photobucket




Photobucket



Evie's best friend in the whole wide world is her cousin, "Tay Tay". She loves her so much, and at the mere mention of her name will squeel and clap and run to go see her! The girls looked beautiful on Christmas Eve, two silver bells! And then, below in their jammies:


Photobucket




Photobucket




Photobucket

Grandma Dean and Paige on Christmas morning.

Photobucket

Dad and Paige.

Photobucket

Mommy and Evie opening up gifts

Photobucket




Photobucket




Photobucket




Photobucket

Our only family portrait for Christmas! LOL

Photobucket

Look at her crazy hair! She loves her new ball pit that Santa brought her!!
On Christmas day we woke up at my parent's home and opened up our gifts. Evie was too exhausted from the night before, so we waited for her to get up a few hours later so she could open hers. She was a little overwhelmed by all of the attention and excitement in the early morning, but eventually she jumped right in and was excited about her new toys!
That evening we went over to Josh's parents home and had a wonderful dinner with his mom's side of the family. It was a wonderful day, full of life, laughter and fun!! Just exactly what I always wanted Christmas to be!
This Christmas was one of my favorite ones- I loved seeing Evie enjoy it and partake in it and really be a little person having her own holiday! She is such a sweet girl, and we so enjoyed having this time with her and enjoying the season together as a family.
We are excited for the new year as we know it is bringing us at least one thing that is exciting- our son!!! 2009... I'm excited to see what is in store for our family!!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I was wondering when you were going to post again! I love reading your blog! But where's the belly pic? :)

Brooke said...

I know, I needed to post in the worst way! it's been bugging me!

I will get some belly pics and maternity stuff posted soon, I promise :)