We have been asked many "where do you think they came from?" We are guessing that they came from Josh's hotel stays as he is in a hotel about every third day for work. They can come from the nicest of hotels and the worst- and the railroad puts them up in so middle of the road accommodations.
There were many blessings through this, it could've been much worse.
- -Exterminator neighbor came right over and talked us through what we needed to do
- He charged us $80 for a $500 exterminating job that he did during his "off" time
- $2400 bed for $999! :-) And our old bed sucked, I didn't realize how much until we got this new bed!
- A tax refund that will pay for that bed so we didn't have to charge it!
- Josh was able to take a vacation day and help me combat through the 22 loads of laundry, throwing out the mattress, cleaning the entire house ect.
- Wonderful family support!! Josh's dad helped Josh remove the mattress and let us use his truck, his grandma treated us to a nice dinner in the midst of the chaos, his mommy watched Evie so we could go to the ghetto laundry mat and take it over with my closet- to them we say THANK YOU!
Now, enough about those nasty little suckers (not the in laws!! the bed bugs!) To the rest of our life... sans bugs...
________________________________________________________________
Personally: I started a Bible study this past week at church and we are going through Esther. It is a great study and I'm really enjoying studying this book in depth. I don't know how many times I have read that story but the study is pointing out so much that I never knew about the culture and the time and really is getting me thinking!
Josh's job has been busier, and for that we are praising God. The economy and the railroad's work load go hand in hand, if no one is building, they are moving lumber. If no one is buying cars, they aren't transporting them... So, around the time went to one income, Josh's income also dropped. It is hard living on one income when it is variable- I mean, it's awesome when work is busy, but when it is not, it's really tough. But God has been so faithful to us and we are learning to become even more dependent upon Him and wiser with the funds he has given us! Budgeting, meal planning... it's not always fun but it has become my new job!
Our daughter is 17 months on the 17th (today!). We can't believe how much time has flown by, 17 months old?!! She gets funnier by the day, and lately when she gets hyper she flaps her arms and spins in circles, it's hilarious!! We love it!
She is also getting more opinionated and ummm... bossy? Especially with me! We are working on controlling our anger (ha ha ha- I'm teaching this?!) and frustrations with mommy, and not pinching or screaming to get our way. It's a slow process, but I'm having hope that it will be fruitful.
She is officially a "big girl"- after 17 months she is in her own room, in her own crib. (I had originally planned on putting there at 3 months. HA! Joke is on me!) It's so weird for me! But we are getting used to it and I'm having a good time watching TV in my bed before going to bed (or puttering around on my laptop like I'm doing now...). I'm so proud of her and how she's adjusted and how she's just showing us what she is capable of doing. I'm still getting used to not having her beside me, but pretty soon her little brother will be here and I'll be thankful they are sleeping in separate rooms!
Evie in her own "big girl" crib in her room:
I'm feeling considerably better- I'd really been having a hard time of it lately... I'm wearing compression hose for the pain and swelling in my legs and they have helped a lot. The "pulled muscle" pain has subsided, and I think that is a direct answer to prayer!
I am very tired, though. After the "bed bug drama" I think that baby Chet went through a growth spurt or something, because I'm just so so so exhausted. And when my mom saw me yesterday she said, "Your Belly!" and she had just seen me 2 days before... so I'm counting on the fact that he, indeed, is growing...
So since I'm tired, I'm going to go... Sorry for the "scattered thought" blog-- seems to be all that I can manage lately.
My belly, as of tonight, excuse my lovely hair 'do:


Evie's "bed head"- just a random pic to share!
3 comments:
Love the update! Love you guys! Love the bed head!
love the new belly photo!
Erica
Our baby wouldn't pinch or push! She is too sweet for that.
Tee hee!
Barbie
Post a Comment