12.30.2009

She is blowing me away....

I write in Evie's baby book a letter to her ~approximately every 3 months since she's turned 1 year old. I include the ways that she's changed developmentally and let her know the funny things she is doing or saying, stuff like that.

Honestly, her 2 year old entry (24 months) to her 27 month entry (this month) is out of control in how much she has changed and developed. I think it may have been the biggest area or development since those early months of infanthood. She is BLOWING ME away with her vocabulary and her comprehension, her building of sentences and her ability to transfer her knowledge into new situations. She is cracking us up with what comes out of her mouth- singing us songs she has made up (Oh happy day... not sad day... happy day....) and her insight. Today she was eating an orange and exclaiming "This is deeeeeeee-licious!!! Deeee-licious!" and she's looking at this book of Tinkerbell fairies and pointing to certain ones and telling me, "I don't remember her?" because that particular fairy isn't in the movie we own. I mean, shut up, is this my kid??!

She is growing up so fast! She is such a little girl interacting with her cousins while we are here in Denver. She is calling them all by name and running around with them like she's their ages (10, and 3 13yr olds). They are spoiling her rotten with attention and love, and she's just soaking it up. I feel like I'm bringing home a different girl than the girl she was when we came on this trip just 6 days ago!

3 comments:

Erica said...

Awwww

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see her! soon and very soon!

Barb

Jackie said...

I remember a little girl a long time ago that blew us away with her development and personality. One visit before leaving for the lake, I pulled up to Grandma Dean's house already in my bathing suit. This little girl ran out of the house yelling "Jackie, Jackie" stopped short, put her hands on her hps and stated "cute suit!" Sounds like: like mother like daughter!