1.27.2010

Rain boots

Evie has been asking me repeatedly for rain boots. It seems that several of her "shows" feature characters who get to go play in the rain and splash in their rain boots. I've been telling her that we'd get her some, but I HAD to follow through with that promise when we got together with some friends and her playmate had some great, green, froggy rain boots (just like Calliou!).

We went to a store together after our playdate and they were all out. Evie cried. and cried. and cried. All the way home. 20 minutes of screaming, crying, sadness and disappointment. *note to self: do not tell toddler daughter what we are going into store for unless I know that they have it.

So that day during naptime I made some calls and located some rainboots in her size. I went and picked them up. You should've seen her face! So excited! And we immediately had to go out, of course, and splash in the puddles. She would splash and tell me she was "like Peppa pig!". Every day after nap she insists on going out, and I don't mind obliging her. We go out in the court and she finds all the puddles. She's a bit dismayed when mud gets on her boots, she would like them to remain clean despite her puddle jumping!

Here are some shots:

(and LOL, you can only tell she's jumping by her hair flying! her feet don't get that high off of the ground yet!)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


And after puddling jumping, you must enjoy your first hot chocolate!

Photobucket

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Darling pictures of a darling girl!! Grandma Dean

Erica said...

how cute

Anonymous said...

I love the monkey boots Evie! Can I wear them too?

Love Barbie

Scott and Ashley said...

You are such a good mommy! Saved and MADE her day. Oh what fun memories will come with those boots! Love the pictures.
-Ashley

Jackie said...

Love the boots -- and the little one in them. What wonderful memories with someething so simple. Good job mommy!

Anonymous said...

What a cute post! She is honestly adorable! Her boots are awesome! :)

Vicki!