So, I've really been slacking in the focused learning department with my kiddos. I'd love to lie and say I've got it all together 100% of the time, but if you've ever come over to our house unannounced and found my kids pantless (as they usually are) you know otherwise.
But! I have been feeling more like my sassy self lately, and have been motivated by Evie's hunger to learn to focus my attention to the area of doing some preschool curriculum at home. She's smart, she loves to learn, she's eager for my attention, so I'm constantly trying to come up with new things to entertain her and teach her! She can already write her name, and has written a few others (including JoJo, Papa, and Opa). But I was feeling like everything we were doing was haphazard at best.
I went back to a site that I LOVE LOVE LOVE and recommend to anyone with a toddler or a preschooler, the 1+1+1=1 blog ! She's an amazing mom, business woman, missionary, former public school teacher and homeschooling mama who provides resources for mamas who don't know where to start, like me! I went ahead and purchased her $12 subscription for her member's only site, but all of her printables are completely free-- so head over there and give it a try. I've used her lessons in the past and they are phenomenal. I'm absolutely blown away by her talent. If you aren't looking for weekly lessons take a look at her printables for Valentine's Day and Easter -- I will be doing these tot packs with Chet, as I laminated and saved them from Evie's toddlerhood. :)
I've been excited to kick off our lessons this week, starting tomorrow. Tonight I worked on our "school board". One thing that has been so frustrating to me is not having our own "school space"... I'd love to have a huge house with a zillion rooms and unlimited resources and dedicate one room to our learning and learning toys. It's just not going to happen. A girl can dream, tho, right? So, since we are often mobile with our school, I decided to make a bulletin board with our weekly focuses on it, so I can bring it to anywhere we might be working (my room, her room, the dining table)... This cell picture really doesn't do it justice, it's super cute... (if I do say so myself)...
I'll try to snap a few pictures as we go along this week and update how things went. Evie already knows how to write an "L" and a "1", but I'm hoping to really focus on them and associate them with "L" words, along with her memory verse and character lesson (on letting her "light" shine").



4 comments:
Your such a good mommy!
P.S. Oma
Amen to Oma's comment. Gram Dean
That is the truth! No children have ever been so loved and enjoyed as Evie and Chet by their mama! :)
Proud of you, Brooke and the great job you're doing with your kiddos!
Love, mom
Post a Comment