2.14.2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

We had a very low-key Valentine's Day around here.  Hubby worked yesterday, and then was called right back into work this morning.   Tonight, he's in a hotel, in Oakland, by himself, sleeping away and will probably getting another train at 3 or 4 in the morning.  My hard, hard workin' man!

We decided that we wouldn't be exchanging gifts this Valentine's Day and would focus on the kiddos.  We aren't anti-Valentine's Day or love, by all means, we are pro-love, and gifts!  But we have been working hard on cleaning up our debt and V-day gifts just weren't a big priority this year.  Plus, hubby and I have been having regular date nights, so my love bank has been feeling very full lately, so I wasn't needing any extra attention this Vday.   I'm proud of him and his commitment to our family and his hard work.  He's my prince charming, and even if I couldn't spend the "day of love" with him, he knows that I'm head over heels! <3

For the kiddos, we got them rainboots.  And my parent's got them a bucket, some whiffle balls, a Dora chocolate candy, and 2 new movies.  Aunt Barbie took Evie (and her cousin Taylor) yesterday afternoon and took them on a special Valentine's date of lunch and heart cookie decorating!  And on Saturday, O'ma and O'pa came by and loved on the kiddos with their Valentine gifts-- new books, clothes, and special cards!  I think these kids get the point of Valentine's Day- THEY ARE LOVED!!! 

For breakfast I cooked the kids whole wheat, heart, pink pancakes.  And this evening I made them pink scrambled eggs and chicken nuggets.  Although Chet usually loves his scrambled eggs, he would not touch my pink version.  Didn't he know this was the day of red and pink?!  (No, but seriously... although tasty they looked craaaazy.  That's why they aren't pictured, they are NOT very appetizing!)  I lit a little candle and we had dinner together at the table, very Valentine-y and romantic :)   




 This afternoon I took them to the mall play place to play on this rainy day and spend their Valentine's money that came in their card from JoJo.  Evie was in heaven in Claire's and took her time (and then some!) picking out the perfect present!  She decided on a necklace/bracelet/ring set, that although it was with her money, she shared generously with Chet-Chet.




I hope that all of you had a wonderful Valentine's Day and you end today feeling loved.

But, even if you don't have someone "special" in your life, I'd like to encourage you and let you know that someone special does love you.  Someone more than special.  And He's head over heels.  I got this email this morning and it helped me really keep perspective through out the day when I wanted to feel sorry for myself for telling my hubby not to buy me flowers. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I low key want her in just her boots as my hands explores her anal and naked slit