10.03.2008

5 Weeks

Oh, poor little Cashew. Already I have done so much less for this pregnancy than I did for Evie. I hope this isn't an indicator of the rest of his/her life!

Little Cash, we love you sooooo much. And we are anticipating your arrival just as much as we anticipated your sister's! My time for reflection and writing and obsession over my pregnancy is not as available as it was with my first pregnancy, but our love is just as deep and as amazing for you!

When I found out I was pregnant, Josh was out of town- again. Seems to be a theme in our pregnancies, I find out when he's gone. At least I don't get pregnant when he's gone- that'd be a bad theme :D (Is that too crass? I'm sure I'm going to get an email from my mom regarding that!).

We had been trying to get pregnant, so there wasn't quite the surprise and shock moment that came with our first "woah" pregnancy. I took a pregnancy test that I had purchased at the 99 cent store, it was a cheapie with no frills, and I saw a faint second line. So I had a digital I was saving and took it- and up popped the word "Pregnant". And I'm telling you- there's nothing like those digital tests screaming PREGNANT right in your face! It's so much better than a + sign or two lines II on the test where you are looking back and forth to the box, to the test, confirming that the way you are reading the test is indeed telling you the result you think it is.

So I wrapped up my digital pee stick and put it in a present box, made out to "Daddy" and left it for Josh to find home when he came home that night.


Photobucket



He rolled in to our room at 5 am and I said, "babe, did you see your present?" to which he replied, "yeah.... congratulations!" What? Congrats to me? It's not MY news, it's OUR news. It made me giggle. He was so tired that he didn't know what he was supposed to say :D

I'm at 5 weeks in the pregnancy according to my calculations, we'll see what the doctor says next week, I think she'll calculate me about another week ahead of what I am thinking, but I'll let you know.

Here's my belly shot- I was about this big in my 10 week belly shot with Evie! I've felt like I just am going right out there! It isn't noticable to others but I sure notice, and so do my pants!

Photobucket

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happppy blog post! I am so excited for you guys. I bet the second pregnancy is so different, eat it up none the less! Thank you for our little card from Evie, it's adorable.

PS- I actually liked Cash for a boys name before Annabella was born. Consider it! :)

Lindsay A.

Our Family said...

We are so excited for you guys! I think you look FABULOUS, and the second one is MUCH different, not better or worse...just different! (((hugs)))

Anonymous said...

We have such a overflow of love for you guy's. Can't wait for double the fun. You guy's out there in blog land think being parents is great, being grandparents is even better!!! love O'ma

Anonymous said...

I second that, MaryEllen!!! :-)
lj

the sniders said...

you look awesome...even if your pants don't agree. i know you don't have as much free time, but i love reading your blogs and seeing pictures! keep it up for those of us out here in indiana land. :D

Anonymous said...

All's I can say is I wish my belly looked like yours right now on a regular basis :) :)
congrats

Anonymous said...

OOps I forgot to sign my name to the belly one :)
Dionne C. Walters

Anonymous said...

Fun, Fun, Fun! Sure does make my day happy!

Love, Barbie