10.31.2008

Apple Hill

Photobucket


This past Monday we had the privilege of doing one of our newest family traditions, going to Apple Hill with O’pa and O’ma. Josh’s parents (O’pa and O’ma) treated our family to a day of fun!! These are the moments I most appreciate, the days and traditions that my daughter has with her extended family. I know I say this a lot, but this is what I always wanted for my kids- grandparents who were in their day-to-day life. And Josh’s parents are so wonderful and amazing and such a blessing not only to Evie’s daily life, but to ours! I would say that 90% of the home cooked meals we have eaten during our marriage have been because they have had us over! Thank heaven for wonderful mother-in-laws! I know people always say boys marry their mothers, but this was not the case with Josh! I am not crafty, creative or a good cook- all the things his mother is sooo blessed in!

For Evie, our day at Apple Hill was a day full of adventure!! We dressed her up in her pumpkin costume that my mom bought her for Halloween. If you’ve ever been up to Apple Hill on a weekday, you know that it is mainly retirees and their elderly parents visiting, I’m not kidding, it’s all old people. And, they LOVED Evie!! She was a hit! People were requesting that we bring her over to them so they could get a closer look! Ha! And Evie loves old people, I think because they usually have grey hair and glasses, so they are sort of “shiny”. I know that sounds crazy, but she just loves them! So they would say “hi” to her and she would go “HI!” and give them this big cheesy grin. They ate it up!

So here’s our pictures from the day, we had a wonderful time!

Kissy faces with mommy:
Photobucket

Pretty little pumpkin by the flowers:
Photobucket

Can I have a ride Dad?
Photobucket

On the big, giant 1000 lb pumpkin:
Photobucket

I need help up the hill! Good thing O’ma and O’pa are here to the rescue!
Photobucket

Enjoying another Apple Hill tradition, I can’t remember the name of the dessert, but it is pure apple-y goodness!
Photobucket

Soaking in the dessert:
Photobucket

Did I mention that I love my daddy?
Photobucket

All on her own, walking like a champ:
Photobucket

Our yearly family photo:
Photobucket

I’m tired! I hate being a pumpkin!
Photobucket

Okay, okay, bribe me with some milk and I’ll be a pumpkin all day long:
Photobucket

Evie is doing so much new stuff!! She is literally changing into this little person right before our eyes, we are amazed. Her word list is growing and her verbalization skills are increasing 10 fold. The other night she had a rough night sleeping, which isn’t her usual self. And we were laying in bed together (yes, me and her, in OUR bed, we are those people) and she kept going, “Mom?” and I’d say, “Yes, Evie?” and then ten second later, “Mama?” “Yeah babe?” and on and on we had this exchange…. You know how in the Bible it says, “But Mary treasured all these things and pondered them in her heart”. I get it. I truly do. As a mommy, there are just so many moments that you want to stick some place safe and remember and live in for the rest of your life. This is my life This is being a mommy. It’s wonderful.

And a few from last year's Halloween, how quickly a year has gone!

Apple Hill Family shot:
Photobucket

Evie sleeping right through the festivities!
Photobucket

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute, Cute, Cute! Thanks for sharing your fun day.

Luv, Barbie

Anonymous said...

this is wonderful! Evie is so blessed to have you as a mom just as much as you are blessed to have those mommy moments! Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

P.S. I feel so blessed to be a part of the Odgers family too! Yes, O'Ma is a wonderful hostess and cook! Love those brownies!

Barb

Anonymous said...

THANKS FOR THE PICTURES AND BLOG. CUTE LITTLE PUMPKIN. I'M ANXIOUS TO SEE YOU ALL IN JUST A FEW DAYS. LOVE, GRANDMA DEAN