Warning: This is an update about my OB appointment this morning. Meaning, there is medical terminology and grossness and personal info in it. If you don't wanna read it, I don't blame ya- but I wanted to keep an account of what is going on for those who would want to know (my aunts/grandmas). So if you are just a casual reader/picture viewer, you may wanna skip this one!!!
I went to my OB appointment this morning. I have one scheduled for every Friday morning in May, this is the beginning of my weekly appointments. I just turned 36 weeks today and I begged my OB to do my "group strep B" test earlier than later, because last time my results hadn't come back yet and I had to have the antibiotics-- which just prolonged my labor because they had to make sure they had all pumped through.
So since she was "down there" anyway, I asked if she'd check me. She said sure and checks and says (TMI), "You have a lot of activity down here" and I say, "I was going to ask you about that..." and she says, "well, it is probably your plug" and then says.... "Wow." "You are 3, no wait, 4 centimeters dialated. And 80% effaced. If you sneeze you are going to have this baby!" (Just for a reference, with Evie I was 4 cm dialated and 100% effaced after having a night of contractions and was admitted to the hospital)
I tell her, "Well my mom is in Michigan this weekend!" and she says, "You better tell her to come back..." (for the record I told my parents to stay-- they are there for Brennan's wedding tomorrow afternoon)
So she then proceeds to give me instructions, wait until contractions are 5 mins apart but don't wait too long--- and don't push until she gets to the hospital. Maybe one practice push but I am to tell the nurses that I am not to push until my dr gets there.
I have so much to do--- I'm cleaning and finishing laundry, I need to pack our bags, I need to write out a schedule for whomever has Evie... I need to pack her bag... I need to get some snacks ... Ahhhhh!
I'll keep y'all posted.... I also have internet access/FB status access through my phone, so I will update on Twitter/Facebook. I'm charing my camera's batteries and will post pics ASAP. Love you all mucho! (And watch I'll be sitting on here for the next week waiting for a contraction, but I really need to get my butt in gear in case something starts to happen... I'm not going to do much walking/or letting Josh touch me (LOL!) until Sun afternoon when my mom (and dad) come home...)
If you could please pray for a few specific things for me?
- For Evie while I'm gone. She and I are together like glue nearly every day, she is such a Momma's girl and I'm a little worried for how she'll do if I'm gone for a couple of days... especially at nights.
- The Lord's timing.
- That I won't miss my window for an epi! I don't want to go in too early but I don't want to go in too late either... Already being at a 4, I don't know how fast things will progress...
- Strength for Josh to be my partner and support, especially if my mom isn't there. He's very worried about being my support person and I'm a little worried for him!
- That I can talk to my sister soon-- she's in South Africa and I know she's going to be disappointed about missing her nephew's birth. If God could somehow arrange a Skype date, that would mean the world to me.
- A great nurse. I really need a bubbly, happy, encouraging woman in there with me, especially if my mom isn't there.
Thank you friends and family! I will keep you posted :)
8 comments:
Holy Cow!!!! Whoa, you are SO close! I can't believe it! We will pray for you ASAP. Love you and can't wait to hear the great news of Chet's birth.
Lindsay A.
Ahhhhhh, he's coming! I'm running around like a chicken with my head cut off -- I'll boil the water! Hard to believe being in Wyoming I'm closer than Jeff, Laurie, or Paige! Everything will be great cuz our God is an awesome God. Give that great nephew of mine a kiss when you see him. Love Jackie
BROOKIE; Get Barbie ready to go with you. I don't think she ever got to be there when any of her grand sons were born. I bet she would be thrilled to be with you at Chet's birth. I hope I'm not assuming to much? I'll anxiously be reading your blogs and etc.
Brooke, I know I'm way down on the totem pole here. But if you need a "Laurie-like" person to keep you calm and focused, I'll come running. Your Mom can give you my cell number. Love you and praying for you.
OMgggggggggg!!!!!!!Aaaaaahhhhhh!!!!
I have to tell you, I am freaking out for your Mom, first, then Paige.
sorry. is that bad?
next: printing your list, and praying!
Will Josh be home tonight?
Yay Baby Chet! He's almost ready to come meet all the wonderful people that love him....Hey, it's raining outside, what better time to relax & put your feet up and watch some (or a lot!) movies-- for a few days :)
Thinking of you!
Hooray!! Will be watching for updates and praying too!!!!
Yihoo, I'll help Jackie boil the water or run in the rain or something! I'll do the baby dance!
Hugs,
Barbie
Post a Comment