I really, really, really do.
Because, since Friday, and my doctor's comment that I "shouldn't sneeze" and could basically go any moment, I've felt "due". And since everyone knows (since I have the discretion of a billboard when it comes to my own business!) everyone is asking and texting and calling and facebooking and now I feel like, "WHERE IS HE?!". [Oh- and please know, I love the asking/texting/calling/facebooking, it makes me feel special and loved :) And it's all I'm thinking about anyway, so I love to talk about it, LOL. ]
My own impatience is kinda making me insane. And, oh gosh, nearly everyone is telling me what I should and shouldn't be doing. Someone suggested that I not hold Evie, I choked down the urge spit out my drink and laugh in their face at the ridiculous suggestion (although meant in love). Riiiiiiiight. I'll let her know that mommy can't hold her anymore, that should go over great with my 19 month old, very attached, and very Mommy-loving daughter. But wait... does that mean I don't have to do any more diapers? Maybe I'll change my mind... But in all seriousness, even if YOU are offering to take her for me, she's not gonna go. She's my own personal toddler front-pack :) Another suggestion was from my loving hubby, who said I should avoid the stairs. Great idea, except our room is upstairs and the bathroom is downstairs! Good luck on that one! I've done the stairs more in the past 2 days than I did in the entire time I was a teenager living here! And my Mom wouldn't let me take Sadie (the dog) on a walk last night during the break in the rain, and because of that, I spent the evening and night with a crazy dog who jumped onto our bed at 4 am. (That dog IS going out today or we are both going to go insane)
Mom and Dad fly in at 12:40 today, and after that, I'm taking myself off of every one's restrictions :)
As for how I feel... physically normal. I mean, normal for being hugely pregnant. However, Chet has taken my bladder hostage and it's making me a bit crazy! My urine is being portioned out, I have this awful urge that I've "gotta go" and I run to the potty only for... drip drip. I honestly have yelled, "SERIOUSLY?!" while in the loo this past weekend. I mean, I had to GO. Really GO. And I get there and really? That's all I got? And I know... I will be returning in 2 minutes when the next "drip drips" are siphoned forward... The only signs of labor I've had have been a few mild contractions during the night, nothing to get up from bed or time my way through. My contractions with Evie started in the night and woke me up, so I've had a hard time sleeping lately because I'm constantly waking thinking, "Am I having contractions??!"
This morning at church I felt terribly convicted about the amount of time I've spent in prayer and the Word about his arrival (nearly none :( ) I've been "willing" him to come and myself not to go into labor until mom and dad arrived and I'm realizing the absurdity of that. "Willing" myself?! What a joke. I have absolutely no control over this little guy's arrival. I thought of the verse:
" My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
16 your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be. " Psalm 139-15-17
And when that verse came to mind I had a Homer Simpson "doh!" moment. Like, Oh yeah, Lord... you're in charge. Not thine will but yours be done. And you know his days and my days--- you've always known them. So, Lord, we wait on your timing!
So, if you are praying (and I desperately appreciate any and all prayers) here is my updated prayer requests:
- Time for an epi and if I get there and it's too late, mental strength to give birth au natural ** (**Uhh... Watched a natural child birth on television on Friday and now am even MORE afraid and aware of what is to come... note to other preggos-- do not watch those shows on TLC near your due date!)
- Chet's lungs and breathing-- early birds tend to have some trouble with this (Evie did). So just that he would adapt fast and be able to come home with us when we are discharged
- Breastfeeding would be a successful, positive experience
Thanks family and friends. I PROMISE to update if anything happens.
3 comments:
Hang in there sweet Brooke. Thinking about and praying for you!!
Thank you for always being so honest! You are encouraging to the other preggos out there :) I love you so much and am praying for you nonstop!
Girl don't watch TLC those shows are ridiculous. You should youtube some hypnobirths. Those are awesome to watch or rent Business of being born. LOL
Anywho I remember being so done when I was 36 weeks with Caleb. And he waited. LOL God's got his perfect timing. I am so excited for you! I can't wait to see his sweet lil face and see if he looks like Evie did or not. LOL
HUGS
Post a Comment