5.15.2009

Today's OB appt...


Last night we went to my mother-in-law's house for dinner and she and I were talking. She works at a 'crisis pregnancy center' and was talking a doctor at the center (who happens to be the director of obstetrics at a hospital here in the city) and after explaining the doctor that I am 5 cm and 80% effaced the doctor said, "if she got her membranes stripped, as far along as she is dilated and effaced, she should go pretty soon...." So my MIL passed along the info to me and was like, "what do you think?" I told her I'd pray about it and ask my OB and see what she thought.

Fast forward to today at the OB, she says to me, "I can't believe you are still here!" and I wanted to say, "yeah, especially since you practically guaranteed me that I was GOING to have a baby 2 weeks ago!" *eyeroll* But I didn't, LOL. I still have to deliver with the woman and I want her to like me :) So, I was a little nervous, but I asked her what she thought about stripping my membranes. She didn't have any issue with it and thought with as far dilated as I am it would be a good idea. So, while she was doing my internal she said, "do you want me to strip them?" and I felt at peace about it, so I said yes, and braced myself for an excruciating experience. I had heard terrible things about the procedure but to me, it actually had a sort of relieving feeling?? (I'm wondering if people who usually have a bad experience aren't usually dilated or effaced so it's more uncomfortable?). And then she said, "See you tonight" :) She expects me to go into labor in the next 24-36 hours.

I'm trying REALLY hard not to get my hopes up that this is actually going to happen. I've been thinking every second for the past 2 weeks that I was going to go into labor at any moment, and I really don't think I can have a whole intensive weekend of thinking it without turning into an absolute crazy woman! So, I guess, what happens, happens. I'll keep my hair washed, my legs shaved and my bag packed, just in case, but I'm not cancelling any plans!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I'll keep my hair washed, my legs shaved and my bag packed, just in case...." That is SOOOOO funny, Brooke! I WANTED to do that when I was expecting the twins, but by gumby... I couldn't FIND my legs! And even if I COULD, I think my arms would have been too short to reach them! LOL!
Can't wait to meet Chet! Love ya!
La in PA (a.k.a. Laurie)

Jerolyn Bogear said...

Soon, soon, soon.....

Erica said...

*hugs*

Connie said...

Prayers Brooke!!!

The Pedigo Family said...

I REALLY hope Chet come soon! And not to be a debbie downer... but I had my membranes stripped 7 times before I had miss Georgia. One week I had it done twice. I'm sure since you're so far along it should happen this week (if not in the next couple of days)!

Praying for you to have peace during this whole waiting process. For Chet to come into the world healthy and for you to have NO pain and an easy labor. For Evie to have an easy transition as your family is growing!

Can't wait to see your little guy!

Enriched-Mom said...

God's Timing... but a positive note. I had it done with my last 2 and was "ripe" like you and it did happen both times within 24-36 hours.

It will be over before you know it and you'll miss that feeling of having a little in your womb.

jessica said...

I am so excited for you! I can't wait for more updates!