and proud of it! :)





Yep, she's bottle fed. And she and I are happier than ever. Her mommy is relaxed, her daddy is able to participate fully in her care, and she is growing plumper by the day.
It's a decision that I don't think any mother comes to lightly... bottle vs. breast feeding. And it seems like everyone has an opinion, and every book, piece of literature you read on babies is prepared to tell you why your decision is wrong. But, ultimately, it came down to the fact that I had to be the very best mommy I could be. And the strain that bf'ing was putting on me, my mental state, my husband (!), and her first few weeks of life - it just wasn't working for our family. So there you are... in case you were wondering!

We are so happy- she's found her thumbs! It's been quite the journey, and she's almost poked her eyes out several times, scaring her mother half to death, but the thumb has reached its ultimate destination. Her daddy and I were both thumb suckers and quite wonderful and content babies- so we are hoping that these things correlate with one another and she is genetically destined to be a fantastically happy thumb-sucking baby.

This picture of her soaking in the rays (purpose: jaundice prevention, result: the most beautiful baby in the world is captured tanning!). Yep, just like her momma, soaking in the rays :)

Finally, a picture of two best friends to be. Her cousin Taylor and her are 9 months apart, Taylor's dad and I have already have planned how they will dominate on the basketball court- Double Trouble... I can see it now! Now, I know we said we feed Evie and she's growing, but next to Taylor, she looks malnourished! Taylor is such a cute, happy, beautiful girl. Her mom, Stacey, and I will be switching days when it comes time to go back to work and watching each other's daughters. I can't wait!!
7 comments:
Aww Brooke. Good for you, honey! It's OK to be the mommy that works for you. I was bottle fed, my sister was bottle fed...I think many of us were. Being confident as a mother is one of the hardest things I think any woman will ever face...and you're tackling it with style right out of the gate! I feel like I do a pretty OK job with most of my "mothering" decisions but there are ALWAYS going to be times when I just have to pray for the best and hope that my girls don't grow up to be hair-pulling smokers! LOL I affectionatley refer to those times as "therapy moments". You know...the moments that my kids will be paying someone to listen to in about twenty five years or so! :0 LOL All kidding aside, Evie is especially blessed to have you as her mommy. Love you, Jenny
SO cute! I had one bf baby and one bottle fed baby....they are both JUST FINE!
Hang in there honey, YOU are a great mommy!
Becky(thebeckery at H@H)
Such a cutie!!!
Brooke...I love this. Thank you so much for sharing her first few days with us. Evie is cute as a button...it seems you and Josh are doing great job. Can't wait to meet her...Hopefully by December??? We are praying for you guys...wish we were there with you.
Ha...that last comment is from Ashley Stevenson...guess I don't want anyone to know I wrote you a comment. Oops!
There's definitely NOTHING wrong with bottle feeding! And don't ever think that you have to explain your parenting decisions to anyone else! You are a wonderful mommy and will only get better with time (whether you feel like you are or not). Enjoy your time at home with your beautiful girl!
I never put socks on Josiah as a baby. He was a little furnace. People I didn't know, and some I did, liked to scold me about how I "need to keep socks on that baby!" I didn't mind their ignorant advice. I would take some and leave some.
I have been able to breast feed all of mine- but honestly- I don't love it. We have to decide what's best for the whole family, that's what moms and dads do. So, whether it be bottle feeding or sockless babies, Evie is a blessed little girl with awesome parents!
Post a Comment