9.27.2007

Just mommy and me...


Dad's back at work...


Sigh.



It was so hard having him leave last night and knowing he'd be gone for 2 days.



Josh is the most amazing father. I knew he'd be a good dad, I really did, but I thought he might wait to shine until she was a bit older, smiling and could talk with him. Imagine my surprise when right out of the hospital Josh took the reigns in this parenting thing and was a confident, diaper changing, bottle giving, baby talking, Daddy. When I was in tears over him going back to work a couple of days ago, he was building me up and encouraging me, telling me I could do it! He's been alone with her more than I have, letting me take naps and run errands on my own. He rented movies and my best friend Katie came over, and they took care of Evie so I could sleep. How incredible are they???

He's been awesome, taking turns in the night with me getting up. He's so confident with Evie, he keeps telling people, "If you've got her head supported, the rest will follow!" and other great baby tips!

So with him gone, last night was my first night doing everything on my own. My blessed angel slept like a rock. We woke up at 1, 2 and 6 am, never up for more than 20 minutes, and it's 10:48 am here and I'm still waiting for her to figure out it's daytime and she should eat!


Here's the face I woke up to this morning, if this doesn't make you smile getting out of bed, what will??



The bottom one is a shot I got of her after I brought her into the living room. She's on the quilt (you can barely see it in the background) that the ladies of Arcade made for her! Thank you :D


And finally, a close up of my peanut's little, precious, perfect face. *sigh* I've got some mad Mommy love going on!


5 comments:

Paige said...

Oh my GOODNESS she is so big! Like... totally filling out! And contrary to your belief, I think YOU have a little twin. :) She's gunna be her mama's girl!!!!

Oh I can not WAIT until I see her (And you of course:)) Next!!!!!!

The Kinsey Family said...

She's just beautiful my fried!! And I'm so glad you guys had a good night together! How many times has daddy called home? :)

Brooke said...

Paige: My twin? Seriously? I was looking at baby pics of us and I don't know... if her eyebrows get darker we'd look more alike... we'll see! Can't wait until you come home next week!!

Abby: We called him and he was like, "I've gotta go- how's baby?"

Once he was sure she was ok he went back to work.

Anonymous said...

she's changed!!!! i wont even recognize her when i see her on monday!!! show her a picture of me everyday so she doesnt forget my face! If you want me to bring movies over let me know! cant wait to see you guys on monday!

Ericanaysha said...

So precious!!!